Questions? +971 56 4410403
Education is one of those areas that the digitalisation has greatly affected and continues to impact positively. Home-schooling which is an outcome of the digital world has brought a lot to the learning table for every level of learning, from preschool to higher-level learning.
The future of education lies in enveloping online home-schooling. The virtual schooling has eliminated many barriers to deliver education more effectively. As a result, several institutions are offering flexible virtual home-schooling solutions in addition to their traditional syllabuses, while smaller schools and universities are anticipated to offer almost entirely online-based courses in the not so distant future. In light of the projected increase of mobile learning products and the corporate learning and development sector, the future for online education appears dazzling bright.
Here are 9 reasons why virtual home-schooling is the future of education.
1. Flexibility – Make the schedule of the curriculum work with your lifestyle and pattern. You don’t need to attend a physical class to learn, is one great improvement in the way courses are delivered nowadays. With e-learning, you don’t have to commute to the classroom and you can learn at your place of comfort. The only thing you need for this to work is a good internet connection and an electronic device such as a computer, tablet, or even a smartphone. Most adults, especially those who are working and have families, find attending physical classes to be time constraining. It’s difficult to find a balance between work, family, and taking on-campus classes. However, with online classes, you can study at your most convenient time. This will give you ample time to spend with your family and do other things that an on-campus course would leave little or no time.
2. It Is Cheaper – Virtual home-schooling is cheaper than in traditional classroom learning. For instance, a majority of online courses eliminate the need to attend a physical classroom, thus eliminating travel and visa arrangements. It’s possible to take many free trial online classes to see if you have the ability to tackle it before paying for it. It saves you a lot of money in the long-run.
3. More Students Can Enroll – A live class will normally have a maximum number of students it can enroll per course, but this is not the case with online classes. One educator can stream a lesson live to more learners all over the globe. Even where live-lessons are not available, the educator can record a lesson they are teaching on-campus and make the material available online for the many students to access. It doesn’t matter the number of students an online class has because students can self-learn on a screen.
4. Easily Accessible – With virtual home-schooling, it doesn’t matter where you are located in the world because all you need is an electronic device to access learning materials and internet connections. You can do it from the comfort of your home, the office, and even while on the go. Since it’s cheaper than traditional learning, many students can afford it.
5. Availability of Multiple Resources– When taking an online lesson, you can get help from a lot of other online resources on that particular topic you are learning. While some of the resources are free, you would need to pay some money to gain access to other materials. This means that you will have more knowledge at your disposal when learning on-screen compared to a live classroom session.
6. Control of what you learn – Depending upon the nation & state, you can choose the curriculum upon which your child can focus.
7. Self-Pace of learning – How long the student spends upon a subject is up to your judgment and the child’s capability. If a child is slow at a particular subject, there are a lot of online resources to support them catch up during their free time.
8. Freedom from external factors – Problems and situations such as bullies, peer pressure, and even boredom does not exist in the virtual world.
9. Control over diet – There will be no cafeteria food or switching food when children are not supposed to do so
One of the aims of education is to give students the best learning experience and environment. While virtual home-schooling may never completely replace traditional classes, it has so far simplified the ways of learning. It offers improved resources and reduces a teacher’s workload. The impact of online courses on the education system will be a shift from live teaching to the teacher developing online content for students. Therefore, the role of a teacher or educator will always exist and can never be replaced, whether it is an online tutoring session or a live classroom. Furthermore, all the lesson plans are still prepared by a live teacher and downloaded online. Online supplementary learning materials have also been developed for all levels of education.
The opportunities of this home-schooling while classroom learning is still valued in today’s modern world, most of the people no longer need to be tied to a specific place or time to acquire new skills. Today, many rate the effect of virtual home-schooling just as highly as those studying in face-to-face environments. Moreover, while more than 70% believe that online learning is necessary to their institution’s long-term strategy. It’s a real demonstration of the power of virtual home-schooling.
Digital Marketing Expert
Did you know that proper manners help make your online class more productive?
Preparations on the part of both the tutor and student are the key to successful online classes.
In online classes, trying to be both the tutor and the student will slow down the conversation, as well as potentially cause you to miss important pieces of information.
It’s a good idea to set roles before beginning the online class. Both the tutor & the student should keep aware of the time & portions which planned to discuss. We know that the human brain isn’t designed for multitasking.
6 Tips for Proper Online Classes
Tip #1 Stick to a Schedule
If you’re taking an online class, start promptly out of respect for student’s time. When latecomers join, don’t repeat what you’ve already covered. Instead, catch them up later – after the session – rather than wasting the time of other students who arrived on schedule. To avoid making students late for other meetings, be conscious of your end time as well.
Tip #2 Minimize Distractions
Distractions make a significant impact when you’re participating in an online class. Distracted behaviour in an online class irritates everyone, especially if distractions mean that the tutor has to go back and repeat information that’s already been shared. To reduce potential distractions and stay engaged:
- Close down all other apps and browser windows to eliminate notifications.
- Mute your microphone when you aren’t speaking.
- Avoid rustling papers, eating noisy foods or making other distracting noises in the background.
- Be careful not to interrupt others when they’re speaking.
- You should be in a closed undisturbed room for participating the online class. Though, this can admittedly be difficult if lags in audio responsiveness make it unclear when other participants start and stop speaking. This is a significant reason to invest in an online conferencing solution with the highest quality HD audio.
Class manners don’t go away just because you aren’t physically present with the other participants.
Tip #4 Keep It Professional
Online classes often feel less stressful than in-person classes, which can make it feel tempting to relax. Your casual attitude will carry across in the sound and tone of your voice. Treat your online classes the same way you would a face-to-face class. You should maintain a professional posture and appearance. So that dress the way you would as if you were class student/tutor in person.
Tip #5 Plan an Effective Wrap-Up
At the end of the call, don’t just close the line. Instead, end with a quick recap providing portions discussed on. In addition, the shout let the students know what portions to be taught next such as The tutor will follow up & discuss with answers to homework’s that you were assigned in the last class. And the teacher will make arrangements for the next online session. And of course, thank each one for their time. A successful online class requires active participation by every attendee. Show your appreciation for their efforts & cooperation by saying thank you before closing down the line.
Tip #6 Give Some Grace
Be patient with participants and allow some grace to any miscommunications that occur. Online classes allow you to receive more of the physical cues that play a role in communication.
“When people communicate face to face, there’s a whole bunch of information being transferred that isn’t even verbal. The way you hold your body shapes your confidence, your direction of eye contact indicates whether you look careless, creepy, or cool.”
Follow these six online class etiquette tips during your next online session, and hold your students to these same standards. By elevating your online session experience, you can ensure your next class runs smoothly and remains productive for every student involved.
Digital Marketing Expert